Electronic Document Filing
Electronic filing is available via email and Portal. An improved eFiling system is coming soon.
Email your documents to the applicable office listed below. If there is a filing fee required for your document(s), one of our clerks will contact you to arrange payment.
You may optionally drop off your documents at our drop box located just outside the Courthouse lobby.
Attorneys on civil matters may email documents to the court's automated email submission addresses listed below. The format of the email must be as follows:
- Email Subject = Case Number, Case Name
- Email Attachment = Type of Filing, Case Name, date (indicate Correction if resending)
- Body of Email = empty (the court does not monitor the email inbox for questions)
Civil Submission Addresses
- Nevada City Civil Submissions - NCAttyFile@nccourt.net
- Truckee Civil Submissions - TRAttyFile@nccourt.net
- Criminal Cases - Attorneys and Self-Represented Litigants may submit filings
- All Case Types - Justice Partners may submit filings
eFiling - Coming Soon
eFiling for the public and attorneys on all case types is coming soon.